An ancient Brass in the Parish Church reads as follows: Here lyeth ye bodys of John Wanstall and Susan his wife, daughter of John Bing of this parish. She dyed April ye 2nd 1737 aged 66 years. He dyed July ye 4th 1737 aged 72 years who had issue one son and one daughter viz John and Martha.
George Lenard was born in Challock in 1776 – (see surnames 1700’s) His extended family includes Beechings (see Surnames 1800’s)
The 2nd of two Challock Windmills stood from 1709 to 1809 approx near Mill House, Mill Lane. See also 1300’s
On January 1st 1769 by Act of Parliament this set of maps was published by Andrews Dury and Herbert.
The sections of the maps which cover Challock and the surrounding areas towards the major towns of Canterbury, Faversham, Ashford and Charing are of great importance as they show the road situation at that time.
On separate pages below we highlight these changes and look at their significance.