Halfway House.

Situated on one corner of the crossroads (now a roundabout) in the centre of the village the "Halfway House" public house has been around for a very long time.

During it's history it has been used as a rooming house and also a court or assizes.  

Prorietors or Landlords.

HENRY CHITTENDEN 1858

PHILLIP HOLDER 1862

EDWARD ELSE 1874

SAMUEL SOUTHERN 1882

CHARLES COX 1891

RICHARD VANT 1903

JOHN CULVER 1918

JOHN CULVER 1922

JOHN CULVER 1930

A E BUTCHER 1938

NINO COSTA 2007