One of the major properties in the village is Nine Chimneys. This imposing Tudor house was built in the 1400’s and is timber framed.
It stood, as it still does, at the east end of the Lees. It should, however be noted that, in all probability, the Lees was not as we know it today.
Historical information suggests that the Lees originally was further south stretching to the top edge of the hill overlooking the Church and westwards to Beech Court.